TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Single Pick app directs the User to pick to completion, one order at a time.
Being a dynamic system, there are factors which may allow a different order to be downloaded such as:
o Current Order has been placed on Hold.
o Order Priorities (Sequence) have been altered.
o User’s Zone restrictions are modified.
When the user initiates the app, WOS Manager will do one of the following:
- If the user logged off prior to completing an assigned Order, they typically will be directed to continue picking the order.
- If the Single Pick->Enter Pick Order Number permission is enabled, the User is prompted to scan/enter an order number. ‘Hold’ orders may be activated in the manner.
- Otherwise the user is assigned the next order to be picked.
Factors the system uses to determine the next Order to download:
o InProcess Orders assign the user’s current Device, sorted by Order->Sequence.
o Available Orders, sorted by Order->Sequence.
o Each Order candidate is evaluated
- User Zone restrictions are upheld
Once an Order is assigned (downloaded to the iPad) the following occurs:
- If not already set, the Order is marked InProcess and the Order->Device is set to the User’s current iPad.
- The Order->Line(s) currently downloaded on the Device are marked Active.
Once all the Picks are completed, the User will automatically be assigned to a new order. Or (if the Single Pick->Enter Pick Order Number permission is enabled) the User will be prompted to scan/enter a new order number.
If Force Show Order Notes is enabled (the Single Pick-> Force Show Order Notes permission is enabled) the (below) pop-up box will appear when first entering the Single Pick app. Read the notes and touch the <OK> button, to commence picking.
If Show Order Notes Button is enabled (the Single Pick->Show Order Notes Button permission is enabled) the User may touch the <Notes> button at any time to display the pop-up. Read the notes and touch the <OK> button, to return to the pick list.
If Cart Picking is enabled (the Picking->Do Cart Picking permission is enabled) you will get the (below) cart input box when starting the Single Pick app. Scan a cart or enter the cart and touch the <OK> button, otherwise touch the <Home> button in the upper left, to return to the main screen.
Once a cart has been entered, the Order Pick List is displayed adding the Cart number to the display.
You may hit the<Home> button to return to the menu.
The User will notice the following buttons (upper right):
- <Stage Cart> button (Please note: The <Change Cart> button above has been renamed to Stage Cart. This button will allow the User to change their Cart or start picking to a new Cart for orders requiring multiple carts.
Within the Change Cart functionality. If the User is setup Group ->Picking->Allow Pick Staging permission then the User will be prompted to scan a Staging location.
- <Reallocate> button. This button clears the current allocations (Pick Location) and re-allocates Pick Locations. This is very useful when an User is directed to a location that no longer has the required inventory, the User may re-allocate. If other inventory is available in the system the User will be directed to a new Pick Location.
- <Weight> button. This button asks WOS Manager to calculate the weight of the product currently picked to the cart. The weight is displayed on the iPad in a pop-up window. Only when the User hits <OK>, confirming the weight, is the Weight Trigger created.
Once a cart has been entered, the Order Pick List is displayed with the Cart information:
- Order number
- Customer name
- Current Cart
You may hit the<Refresh>.
There are two (2) options for how the pick list is presented on the iPad.
Both presentation methods support color (defined in the Order Line->Color)
- Pick Sequence (Default)
Setting-> Pick Display Order ->PickSequence
The Picks are displayed strictly in Location-> PickSequence (Pick Path) order.
- Priority Sequence
Setting-> Pick Display Order ->PrioritySequence
The Picks are displayed in OrderLine->PresentationPriority then by Location->PickSequence.
The pick list is the list of Pick(s) remaining for the current assigned Order. In the example below the User is currently working on Order – ‘051922’, and picking to Cart – ‘Cart20’.
The Pick(s) are ordered by the Pick Sequence number that is defined in the Pick Locations. The Pick Sequence directs the User in an optimal path through the warehouse. We recommend the User perform the picks in sequence to minimize backtracking.
Use your fingers to scroll the list if you need to skip or view picks off the screen.
Touch a specific Pick line to start picking.
- Default Picking: The User will be directed to perform the specified Pick and returned to the Pick list screen.
- If the Picking->Auto Next Pick permission is set. The system will start directing the User to Pick at the specified location. On completing the pick the User will automatically be directed to the next Pick Location without returning to the Pick list screen. Once the system reaches the end of the Pick list it is up to the User to specify the next Pick to perform (if Picks were skipped).
The majority of systems will be utilizing scanners to perform picking therefore, there is no need to touch the iPad screen. In the case where a scanner is not being used a basic finger swipe function is provided. To turn on the Swipe feature set the Single Pick->Swipe vs Scan permission on. The following Swipe gestures are available on the Pick Screen.
- Left to Right swipe is the same as touching the <Complete Pick> button
- Top to Bottom swipe is the same as touching the <Skip Pick> button
- Right to Left swipe is the same as touching the <Picking>button (return to previous screen)
Once the User is at the location and has picked the inventory, they will need to complete the pick by clicking on the<Complete Pick> button. Prior to completing the pick the User may be required to verify the Location, Item, and/or Quantity depending on their permission (Group) configuration.
If NO verification is required, the pick quantity is automatically displayed in the box. The minus and plus buttons
may be used to decrease or increase the quantity picked. Once the quantity is set simply hit the <Complete Pick> button.
If verification is required, the current pick data (Location, Item and/or Quantity) is color coded. The Colors are as follows:
- Green - The field is verified
- Yellow - The field is waiting to be verified. Use a scanner or the virtual iPad keyboard to enter the data needed
- Red - The last entry was incorrect. Scanning the wrong location or item will cause a yellow field to turn red
In the above example, Item and Quantity require validation but not Location.
Note: The <Complete> button is available to the User for the case where the location is short.
Verify Item: Scan the data to verify. The data will turn green when successfully verified. In this example scan the Item to verify.
Verify Quantity: The requested quantity will not be shown in the box but is displayed next to the box. Scan the Item to count each pick until the pick quantity matches the requested quantity. After each Item scan the quantity is incremented.
The User has the ability to adjust the quantity manually by touching the count-box, a number keypad will be displayed. When the quantity is correct (whether short, or equal) the User simply touches the <Complete Pick> button.
At any time, the User can exit the screen by tapping the <Picking> button at the top-left of screen. This will simply take them back to the picking list screen without performing any operation.
If the <Complete Pick> button is tapped, the system refreshes the Order Pick List. Notice the completed Pick(s) are grayed out and can no longer be clicked.
If the quantity picked matches the quantity requested, WOS records the line as picked.
If the quantity picked is less than the quantity requested the following pop-up is displayed:
<Partial> Button: There are many reasons where a partial pick may be required. The criteria for a Partial Pick is:
The quantity picked is less than the requested quantity
User plans to complete the pick request from another location (could be the same location too)
o The system will create a new pick request (for the remaining quantity requested) against the Order.
Note: The newly created pick request will still be allocated/assigned against the same location and device. The User's iPad immediately displays the newly created pick request.
- Override the pick location to complete the request
- Skip the pick request at this time
- Complete the pick request short
- <Cancel> Button: If the User is unsure simple tap the ‘Cancel’ button to return to pick operation. No action is taken.
- <Short Pick> Button: Typically, the Shot Pick option is only used when there is no more inventory in system. The criteria for a Short Pick is:
- The quantity picked is less than the requested quantity
- User has determined that there is no more inventory in the system therefore the Order has to be picked short.
- The system will complete the pick request short.
- The User will move on to the next pick request.
If the order is NOT complete yet and the Picking->Auto Next Pick permission is enabled, the system does not return to the Order Pick List when a user completes a pick. Instead, the system will automatically display the next Pick to perform. This is designed to minimize the User’s key strokes and help optimize the picking operation.
When an order is picked to completion the Pick List will be displayed (all gray). The User has the choice to:
- Exit the Single Pick app by hitting the <Home> button.
- Continue picking by hitting the <Refresh> button. The next Order will be assigned to the User will be prompted to enter the next Order number to pick.
Pick Location Override
When the Picking->Allow Pick Location Override flag is set the User may decide to Pick a product from
a different location then the one selected by the system.
Simple touch the Location, as highlighted above in green.